Summer is the season for top down cars (convertible, soft-top, drop-top, cabriolet or roadster). In the market today are more than 50+ different models offered to sun and wind lovers by automakers selling in the U.S.
The Auto Channel lists some of the many hot models that are “in” to consumers this summer driving season.
1. Mini Cooper S – It’s the iconic Brit-car that’s made it big in America. It’s now a bit bigger and a whole lot better than before. At $22,000 to $26,050, two sun lovers can enjoy the ride of this Manual soft top vehicle.
2. Mazda MX5 Miata – It’s the affordable world’s best-selling two-seat roadster with sleek lines. At $24,440 to $27,620 that is set to be realized in September, this power retractable hardtop can be enjoyed by two sun lovers.
3. VW Eos – A retractable automatic metal top, it’s the newest entry of VW in the convertible category. Three passengers can travel under the sun at the cost of $28,110 to $$36,970.
4. Toyota Camry Solara – It’s the closest relative of the class-leading sedan, with just a touch more styling and cache. At $27,190 to $30,460, four sun lovers can ride on this vehicle with an automatic textile.
5. Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder – It makes the revival with outstanding handling. Three passengers can enjoy riding on this $25,699 to $29,599 automatic textile top vehicle.
6. BMW 3 Series – It’s entirely new package makes it better than ever with an automatic retractable metal top and a big choice engine. It’s also one of the best sellers in all convertible-arena. Four sun lovers can enjoy riding on this $43,200 to $49,100 car.
7. Mercedes-Benz SLK – It comes with an excellent styling in a vehicle destined to become a classic. At $43,350 to $62,500, this retractable hardtop can be enjoyed by two sun lovers.
8. Saab 9-3 – This recent safety/crash tests winner and a June big seller is priced at $43,100. Four sun lovers can ride on this automatic textile car.
9. Volvo C70 – Also a big winner in safety/crash tests, this entirely new cabriolet is elegant at $39,090 where four sun lovers can ride on this retractable metal.
10. Audi TT – Its updated style for 2008 has more interior space and new body lines. At $36,800 to $45,900, 2 + 2 (back two should be Munchkins) can ride on this manual textile car.
11. Porsche Boxter – From $45,600 to $55,500, the driver and a passenger can have the ride of their life on this manual textile vehicle.
12. Jaguar XK – From $80,835 to $91,835, 2 + 2 (slightly bigger than Munchkins) persons can be accommodated by this automatic textile vehicle.
13. Lexus SC430 – It’s one of the first retractable hardtops with top of the line Lexus auto parts. Lexus luxury and cache is standard. At $65,455, two sun lovers can enjoy a ride on this car.
So, have you decided for your chosen summer car?
All prices are based on MSRP.