Free September 2009 Quiz Questions And Answers
1. British band, The Feeling’s bass guitarist Richard Jones is married to which UK pop princess ?
Sophie Ellis Bextor
2. The character Miss Hannigan runs an orphanage in which hit Broadway musical ?
3. Which sailor character features in one of the stories of the Arabian Nights ?
4. In 1989, who was chancellor of West Germany when the Berlin Wall came down ?
5. With which sport is Goran Ivanisevic most closely associated ?
6. Which ex-pub singer turned opera star’s first album ‘The Voice’ was
released in 2000 ?
7. How many ancient wonders of the world are there ?
8. In the sporting world, what does the abbreviation FA stand for ?
9. Which tree produces the seed from which chocolate is made ?
10. The classic horse race, the Derby is run at which English racecourse ?
11. The medieval heraldic symbol, depicting a lily or iris, was adopted by the kings of France ?
12. Fusilli is a spiral-shaped variety of which food product ?
13. Toronto and Vancouver are cities located in which country ?
14. Which British government department is sometimes known by the abbreviation FCO ?
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
15. From which South American country did Paddington Bear come from ?
16. In 1964, which French philosopher declined the Nobel Prize for Literature ? Jean-Paul Sartre
17. Hampton Court Palace was given to Henry VIII by which English cardinal?
18. What name is given to the traditional Venetian one-oared, flat-bottomed boat mainly used by tourists ? Gondola
19. St Apollonia is the patron saint of people suffering from what painful complaint ? Toothache
20. In 2001, Belgian doctor Jacques Rogge was elected president of which international sports organization ?
International Olympic Committee
Tie: In which year did Papua New Guinea become independent of Australia ?