Phuket, formerly known as “Tha-laang” is one of the provinces located in the south regions of Thailand. Phuket is Thailand’s largest island which is almost the size of Singapore. It has an area of roughly 570 square kilometers. Phuket is made up of one large island, and 39 other small islands. The island is truly mountainous which has a mountain range in the western part of the island. Phuket is bounded with lots of beautiful and attractive sites where thousands of tourists from around the world love to visit.
Here are some of the best loved destinations in Phuket Thailand:
• Nai Yang National Park – located only 20 minutes away from the airport in the island’s north-western part. It comprises two beaches namely the Nai Yang beach and the Mai Kao beach. The park covers over ten miles of beautiful and attractive white sand beach which is adored by many. Nai Yang Park is famous for the amazing casaurina trees. The place is a perfect location for picnics.
• Patong beach – Patong Beach is the most admired and well-developed beach in Phuket Thailand, located in the west coast of Phuket. It is considered to be one of the world’s Top places for diving. Phuket is Thailand’s most visited tourist destination, presenting a variety of beaches, naturally appealing and stimulating night life.
• Phrompthep Cape – located in the southern part of Phuket. This place surely best place for viewing sunsets in Phuket. The place is mostly crowded in the evening with people witnessing the beautiful sunset panorama. This gorgeous looking place is truly favored in Phuket. Visitors coming to Phuket are always advised to come to Phrompthep; that will definitely complete their trip to Thailand.
• Ton Sai Forest Park – located in Bang Pang Kleua, in Ultradit province, Phuket. The park is one of the last remaining jungles in Phuket; swarmed with a variety of mammals including reptiles, bears, porcupines, gibbons, macaques, lizards and over a hundred species of birds. The forest had been a popular tourist attraction in the city.
• Rawai beach – Rawai was the very first tourist beach in Phuket. People of Phuket often drive their way to Rawai on weekends to visit the very gorgeous looking beach. It has also attracted many tourists coming from other countries. Definitely one of the best places in Phuket.
These are just five of the many best places to visit in Phuket. There are a lot more interesting places to see and visit in Phuket, Thailand; the home of world’s wonder beauties of nature.