Nevada is one of the most expensive states when it comes to auto insurance, with an average annual cost of $983. However, with a little work you can find cheap car insurance in Nevada.
Nevada Insurance Requirements
In Nevada, you are required to carry:
* $15,000 of coverage for bodily injury or death of one person
* $30,000 of coverage for bodily injury or death or two or more persons in any one accident
* $10,000 for injury to or destruction of property of others in any one accident
These are the minimum requirements for insurance, but don’t really provide adequate coverage. For complete car insurance coverage you need:
1. Comprehensive and collision coverage to pay for repairs to your car after you have an accident.
2. Personal injury protection coverage to pay for your and your passenger’s medical bills after an accident.
3. Uninsured motorist coverage to pay for your medical bills and car repair bills after you’ve been hit by an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver.
Keep your deductible high. Higher deductibles mean lower premiums.
Get all the discounts you can. You can get discounts if you …
* Park your car in a garage, where it will be safer from thieves, vandals, and weather damage.
* Have safety features on your car such as anti-lock brakes and airbags.
* Install a burglar alarm or anti-theft device on your car.
* Own a car with a good safety record, low theft rate, and low repair costs.
* Pay your bills on time. A poor credit record leads to higher insurance bills.
Ask about other discounts you might qualify for such as a good student discount, accident-free discount, and multi-car discount.
Shop Around for the Best Insurance
The best way to find a cheap auto insurance policy in Nevada is to go to an insurance comparison website. On these websites you can compare insurance quotes from several companies at once, so you know the rate you choose will be the best rate possible.
You simply type in your insurance information and you’ll then receive quotes from multiple A-rated insurance companies.
On the best insurance comparison websites you can even talk with insurance professionals if you have any questions about your car insurance, or want advice on how to lower your premium (see link below).
Visit http://www.LowerRateQuotes.com or click on the following link to get cheap Nevada car insurance quotes from top-rated companies and see how much you can save. You can get more tips and advice in their Articles section.